Get a Quote For Your Project
Our Hydrovac vehicles allow us to excavate in locations where mechanical excavation would not be safe, feasible or practical. This method of excavating uses water pressure to liquefy the soil and then a high-powered vacuum removes it to an on board storage tank. Hydrovac excavation prevents damage to buried utilities that can be caused by mechanical excavation. Hydrovac is the only approved method to dig around sensitive underground structures, such as electrical, gas, water, sewer, telephone, and fibre systems. In Ontario it is unlawful to use an excavator or other earth mover within 1 metre of any underground utility.
Our most common tasks:
• Utility pole installation or repair
• Utility daylighting and potholing
• Repair service pits
• Slot trenching
• Water box repairs
• Excavating in frost
Hydrovac is a great way to keep your project running on time with minimal interruption to the work site or surrounding area.
Horizontal Directional Drilling
Horizontal directional drilling enables Hapamp to perform trench less underground installations with
minimal disruption to surfaces and above ground activity.
Directional drilling is ideal for:
• Installation of gas, electric, water and telecommunications
• Boring under roads, landscaping, water crossings, paved areas, electric, and water services
• Ensuring minimal environmental disruption
• Installations in diverse ground conditions
Utility Repairs & Installations
We can complete any trenching and excavating task you require. Our specialty is the placement of utility
infrastructure, this includes the installation of underground communication cables, hydro and natural gas.
We also have extensive experience in the installation and repair of water services.
- hydro pole standing
- hydro splicing
- hydro installation
- water line installation
- water line repair
- private utility locating *does not cover public areas, please contact ON1Call
We are 1 of 3 companies certified in Ontario for PVC Fusion and have a team of professionals with over 18 years of experience in the field. When you have pipe that you need to fuse together, it’s important to choose the right
type of pipe fusion method for your project to be a success. Hapamp is proud to offer plastic fusion with certified operators trained in both HDPE, or High-density Polyethylene and PVC, Polyvinyl Chloride.
Butt Fusion is the most common method of fusing HDPE pipes. The ends of polyethylene pipe when heated and brought together under pressure with specialized equipment form one continuous “leak proof” pipeline. Properly made, a pipe fusion is as strong as the pipe itself and has the same life expectancy.
• HDPE Butt Fusion – 1 ¼” up to 18” in diameter
• PVC Butt Fusion – 4” up to 16” in diameter
Safety & Compliance
Hapamp is a member of several compliance companies including ISNetworld and has yearly Safety Management Audits. Hapamp takes great pride in our employees and makes their safety and the safety of those around our job site our priority. All our team members receive up-to-date safety training on a regular basis.
Hapamp provides its employees with extensive training. Our comprehensive training includes but is not limited to:
- Occupational Health & Safety Act Review
- JHSC Certification
- Worker/Supervisor H&S Awareness in 5 Steps
- Electrical Utility Safety Rules Review
- Hapamp’s Safety Manual Review
- Standard First Aid, CPR
- Bucket Evacuation & Rescue
- Fire Extinguisher Use
- Locator Training
- TDG for Ground Transport (Road)
- Work Area Traffic Protection (Book 7)
- Working at Heights – Fall Arrest
- Load Security for Vehicles
- Electrical Safety Awareness
- Alectra CVP
- Electrical Splicing
- High Voltage Rubber Gloves
- Enbridge Training – JUT
- Confined Space Entry
- Bell Manhole
- Bucket Training
- Boom Training
- Truck Mounted Crane Training
- Fork Lift Training
- Fusion Yearly Review
- Drill School – Vermeer
- ALA – Alternate Locate Agreement Training